So, you are happily migrating your SharePoint 2013 content database to SharePoint 2016 when the Test-SPContentDatabase command spits out:
Category : LegacySiteDetected
Error : True
UpgradeBlocking : True
Message : 1 site(s) using SharePoint 2010 experience.
Remedy : Please upgrade sites using SharePoint 2010 experience
in database [Your Content Database] to SharePoint 2013
experience before proceeding.
Wait a second??? We are migrating from 2013? How did a SharePoint 2010 experience get in there?
The content database you are migrating to SharePoint 2016 was very likely using the SharePoint 2010 Office Web Apps.
Step#1: Locate the offending SharePoint 2010 site
- Launch SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Connect to the offending content database
- Execute the following query:
SELECT als.id, als.PlatformVersion, aw.Title, aw.FullUrl, aw.ProductVersion, als.Deleted
FROM dbo.AllSites als
INNER JOIN dbo.AllWebs aw
ON aw.Id = als.RootWebId
- Locate the entry that does not have a product version of 15. It will most likely look like this:
PlatformVersion Title FullUrl
126.96.36.199 Team Site sites/Office_Viewing_Service_Cache
Step#1: Deactivate (Delete) the offending SharePoint 2010 site
- Note the GUID associated with the site you identified in Step#1 above
(This will be the id column)
- Run the following query using SSMS connected to the content database:
SET Deleted = 1
WHERE id = ‘[GUID]’